COPYRIGHT AND PERSONALITY RIGHTS
Copyright is a legal term describing rights given to creators for their literary and artistic works. The kinds of works covered by copyright include: literary works such as novels, poems, plays, reference works, newspapers and computer programs; databases; films, musical compositions, and choreography; artistic works such as paintings, drawings, photographs and sculpture; architecture; and advertisements, maps and technical drawings. Although it is nor obligatory to the protection in Brazil, the objective of the Author Rights Registry is to provide a greater international protection of the work and its title.
What it is
- Legal consulting in the strategical planning and election of best alternatives of protection; elaboration and selection of technical documentation;
- Preparation and filling of intellectual works in Brazil and foreign, including International Treaties;
- Administrative, judicial and extrajudicial defense of copyright and personality rights, in Brazil and foreign;
- Analysis of strategies for exercise the rights conferred by registations, and respective litigation in administrative and judicial spheres;
- Contract negotiation, elaboration and entry related to copyright and image rights, in Brazil and foreign;
- Legal Consulting in the strategical planning of the best fiscal alternatives for the contracting;
- Legal assessorship in the planning and evaluation of intangible assets and brand equity.