PLANT VARIETIES PROTECTION
The intellectual property rights regarding plant varieties may be invoked against the free use of sexually or vegetatively propagated plants or parts thereof, in Brazil. The protection of this right is effected through the grant of a Plant Variety Protection Certificate.
What it is
- Legal Consulting in the strategic planning for Plant Varieties;
- Analysis of strategies for the plant varieties right of action, and respective litigation in administrative and judicial spheres;
- Preparation and application for protection of plant varieties at the SNPC (National Plant Varieties Protection Service);
- Attendance of administrative process regarding the application, guiding the client to take the necessary measures;
- Registration of plant varieties at the RNC (National Plant Variety Registry) for the purposes of qualifying for production and commercialization;